The Meetings: Campaign Conspiracy
- October 13, 2015 Trump Tower Moscow LOI by Andrey Rozov sent from Sater to Trump Atty Michael Cohen
- June 9, 2016-Trump Tower
- September 8, 2016-Sessions & Kislyak
- December 1, 2016-Kushner, Flynn & Kislyak “Back Channel”
- December 13, 2016-Kushner & Gorkov, head of Vnesheconombank (VEB)
- Late December 2016, NYC-Kushner, Flynn, Bannon, Abu Dhabi’s Zayed planning January 11.
- January 11, 2017-Erik Prince Seychelles
- The Peace Plan Late January-Cohen, Sater
Every Secret Trump / Russia Contact: Chronologically 12/08/2017 Jon Hotchkiss, Be Less Stupid
March 24, 2016 Papadopoulos & “Professor” Mifsud offers “Dirt” in London
George Papadopoulos pled guilty and attested to having met, Joseph Mifsud (Maltese Professor) and Olga Polonskaya, former manager of a Moscow wine distribution company and maiden name Vinogradova in London. NY Times Politico Court documents implicate Sam Clovis, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, Corey Lewandowski, Stephen Miller and Walid Phares, as they received and/or exchanged emails with Papadopoulos. Joseph Mifsud, “The Professor”, Olga Polonskaya (multiple languages, 24, incredibly connected intern), and Ivan Timofeev are the Russian agents/citizens involved. Olga approached Mifsud and his career changed dramatically. She invited him into a think tank which Putin attends bi-annually, and made him a pro-Putin TV pundit during the 2014 Ukraine/Crimea crisis which Manafort was involved in.
On April 26, 2016, a follow-up breakfast between Mifsud when he was offered “dirt” on Hillary Clinton and thousands of hacked emails.
April 27, 2016 The Mayflower Hotel
Donald TRUMP, Paul MANAFORT Jared KUSHNER Stephen MILLER, Donald TRUMP JR., Jeff SESSIONS, Sam CLOVIS, J.D. GORDON, Corey LEWANDOWSKI, Bud MCFARLANE, George PAPADOPOULOS, Sergey KISLYAK, Igor SECHIN, the CEO of ROSNEFT, Walid PHARES/KISLYAK RNC CLEVELAND
@SethAbramson on Twitter (THREAD) BREAKING—Washington Post Says Spring 2016 Trump Campaign Emails Confirm Ongoing Effort to Set Russia Meetings (See thread for more)
(2) On April 27th, 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump gave a surprise foreign policy speech at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C.
(3) The speech was a surprise because it was supposed to be at the National Press Club—but the campaign cancelled less than 48 hours before.
(4) The event was rerouted to the Mayflower—for several reasons that all later turned out to be false—by new campaign manager Paul MANAFORT.
(5) The event had been set up by MANAFORT and Jared KUSHNER. At the National Press Club, it was just supposed to be a foreign policy speech.
(6) At the Mayflower, it became a speech preceded by an hour-long VIP event attended by the Trump campaign brass—and the Russian ambassador.
(7) It was a major breach of international protocol for Russia’s ambassador Sergey KISLYAK to attend a campaign rally and VIP cocktail hour.
(8) At the cocktail hour, Mr. KISLYAK spoke with SESSIONS, MANAFORT, KUSHNER, TRUMP, and possibly many others high up in the Trump campaign.
(9) Others at the Mayflower that day include major Trump-Russia figures and Trump aides Stephen MILLER, Donald TRUMP JR., and J.D. GORDON.
(10) The event was hosted by the Center for the National Interest, and Trump’s campaign would later claim all invitees were 100% due to CNI.
(11) Only four ambassadors in the entire world were “invited by CNI”: all four nations were critical to the December 2016 ROSNEFT oil deal.
(12) Ex-MI6 Russia Chief Chris STEELE says the ROSNEFT deal—the biggest oil deal in Russian history—is the basis for Trump-Russia collusion.
(13) We now know the Trump campaign lied about every single aspect of the 2016 Mayflower event, including its role in inviting ambassadors.
(14) Prior to the event, KUSHNER called KISLYAK. The contact—confirmed by U.S. intelligence—is one KUSHNER never disclosed and still denies.
(15) MANAFORT lied about the security and crowd-size reasons for moving the event. The NPC was offering a bigger room with better security.
(16) Attorney General SESSIONS lied—repeatedly and under oath—about whether he was at the VIP event and whether he spoke to KISLYAK there.
(17) And now-President TRUMP lied, through his then-spox, about how long he was at the VIP event, his demeanor there, and who he spoke to.
(18) Today’s WASHINGTON POST report appears to confirm that the Mayflower event was the result of a coordinated effort by TRUMP and aides.
(19) The Mayflower event was critical, as it was there that TRUMP offered PUTIN the “quid” in the “quid pro quo” of Trump-Russia collusion.
(20) With the VIP KISLYAK in the front row, Trump offered friendship and a “good deal” to Russia on what all present took to mean SANCTIONS.
(21) Trump didn’t chastise Russia for anything, didn’t make any demands of Russia, he simply promised friendship and a “good deal” to Putin.
(22) Trump’s Mayflower speech was written with a lot of help from Richard BURT—who at the time was a lobbyist for a Russian oil-gas company.
(24) Richard BURT has also served on the Senior Advisory Board of a major Russian bank—ALFA BANK—key to this story and the STEELE dossier.
(25) Another VIP “invited by CNI” and “without the knowledge of the Trump campaign” was Bud MCFARLANE, a major Russian pipeline advocate.
(27) To understand how today’s WASHINGTON POST story dramatically re-positions the Mayflower event—and others—we must go back to March 21st.
(28) On that date (March 21st, 2016), TRUMP met with the EDITORIAL BOARD of THE WASHINGTON POST. See the transcript:
(30) Trump—not a details man—was, remarkably, able to name six committee members (a team headed by SESSIONS) off the cuff and immediately.
(31) The first man Trump mentioned from memory was Walid PHARES, who reportedly met secretly with KISLYAK at the RNC in Cleveland that July.
(32) The second man Trump mentioned from memory was Carter PAGE—who would make a campaign-sanctioned trip to Moscow shortly before the RNC.
(35) The three other members of the Foreign Policy committee seemed to be connected to—and advising on—the military side of foreign policy.
(36) It was bizarre for PAPADOPOULOS to be on the committee, given his limited experience and the fact that he’d graduated college in 2009.
(37) Given today’s reporting by THE WASHINGTON POST, we can now say that within 72 hours it became clear why PAPADOPOULOS was on the team.
(38) By March 24—hours after his announcement as a foreign policy team member—PAPADOPOULOS began to send emails about his “Russia contacts.”
(39) PAPADOPOULOS sent his Russia emails to seven top campaign officials, including (it’s readily presumed) MANAFORT, KUSHNER, and SESSIONS.
(40) MANAFORT had just joined the campaign as a very, very, very curiously “unpaid” Campaign Chairman. He became Campaign Manager in April.
(41) The contacts PAPADOPOULOS had were with Russian leadership or those able to deliver meetings with Russian leadership, per PAPADOPOULOS.
(42) We know for certain MANAFORT, who set up the Mayflower event four weeks later, saw these emails. So did Sam CLOVIS—who’s also key here.
At 4 PM, Donald Trump Jr. met with Russians to receive dirt on Clinton from a Russian Government source. Also present: Manafort, Kushner, Russian Attorney Natalia Veselnitskaya, also lawyer to Prevezon/Denis Katsyv, a money launderer whose Preet Bharara (fired US Attorney) case was dropped in May 2017 by Jeff Sessions Business Insider. This case developed into the Magnitsky Act, and Velenitskaya has been lobbying to remove the sanctions imposed for human rights violations with the American-Russian lobbyist and suspected spy Rinat Akhmetshin, “18-year-old draftee for two years in a unit of the Soviet military that had responsibility for law enforcement issues as well as some counterintelligence matters.” Washington Post Also present, the translator Anatoli Samochornov. The meeting arranged over many months by Rob Goldstone, British music promoter for Russian Real Estate Tycoon Aras Agalarov ‘s son, Emin, a Russian-Azerbaijani pop singer.
Yury Chaika, fighting Bill Browder’s Magnitsky Act with Agalarov, may have been a source for Clinton kompromat: “These schemes were masterminded by US special services and organized by the US citizen who is now a subject of the United Kingdom, William Browder,” Chaika wrote in Kommersant. “This person knows about our probes and he fears them.” Even in this effort, [Yury] Chaika had a friend stand by his side. Aras Agalarov, the very Trump associate whose meeting with the “crown prosecutor” set Trump Jr. on the chase for anti-Hillary kompromat, went to bat for Chaika in the pages of Kommersant. He purchased an article attacking Navalny and downplaying the corruption alleged in the documentary.” The Daily Beast
Natalia Veselnitskaya tried to turn a Swiss top investigator in Moscow in December 2016.
Seemingly rebuffed attempted contact in January 2016: Konstantin Sidorkov, director of partnership marketing for Vkontakte, or VK, Russia’s equivalent to Facebook with a White Nationalist European following, a Trump Campaign VK page through through Rob Goldstone. Sidorkov emailed Trump Jr. and Dan Scavino in January, and Goldstone replied on January19th, with a second attempt on November 5, 2016. Russian social media executive sought to help Trump campaign in 2016, emails show Washington Post By Rosalind S. Helderman, Anton Troianovski, Tom Hamburger December 7, 2017
June 3, 2016 at 10:36 AM From Rob Goldstone “Good morning Emin just called asked me to contact you with something very interesting. The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russian and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin. What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly? I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.”
June 3, 10:53 AM From Don Jr. To Rob Goldstone “Thanks Rob I appreciate that. Ia m on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?”
June 6, 12:40 PM From Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “Hi Don Let me know when you are free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary info – you had mentioned early this week so wanted to try to schedule a time and day. Best to you and family”
June 6, 2:03PM Form Don Jr. To: Rob Goldstone “Rob could we speak now?”
June 6, 2:38 PM From Don Jr. “My Cell Thanks”
June 6, 3:37 PM From Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “Let me track him down in Moscow. What number he could call?”
June 6, 3:38 PM From Don Jr. To Rob Goldstone “Rob thanks for the help.”
June 6, 3:43 From Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “Ok he’s on stage in Moscow but should be off within 20 Minutes so I am sure can call Rob”
June 7, 4:20 PM From Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “Don Hope all is well. Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday. I believe you are aware of the meeting – and so wondered if 3 pm or later on Thursday works for you? I assume it would be at your office.”
June 7, 5:16PM From Don Jr. “How about 3 at our offices” Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.”
June 7, 5:19 PM From: Rob Goldstone “Perfect…I won’t sit in on the meeting, but will bring them at 3pm and introduce you etc. I will send the names of the two people meeting with you for security when I have them later today.”
June 7, 6:14 PM From Don Jr. “Great. It will likely be Paul Manafot (campaign boss) my brother in law and me. 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.”
June 8, 10:34 AM From: Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “Good Morning Would it be possible to move tomorrow meeting rto 4pm as the Russian attorney is in court until 3 I was just informed.”
June 8, 11:15 AM From: Don Jr. To: Rob Goldstone “Yes Rob I could do that unless they wanted to do 3 today instead…just let me know and Ill lock it in either way.”
June 8, 11:18 AM From: Rob Goldstone To: Don Jr. “They Cant do today as she hasn’t landed yet from Moscow 4pm is great tomorrow.”
June 8, 2016 12:03 PM From Don Jr. To: Kushner & Manafort “Meeting got moved to 4 tomorrow at my offices.”
@SethAbramson Explains Trump’s response to the June 9 meeting.
(THREAD) Trump’s legal spokesman’s resignation raises, in hindsight, concerns Trump attended or knew of the infamous June 9, 2016 meeting.
(1) JULY 11: Trump’s legal spokesman, Mark Corallo, tells America that “The President was not aware of and did not attend the meeting.”
(3) JULY 20: Just nine days after telling America that Trump neither attended nor knew about the June 9, 2016 meeting, Mark Corallo resigns.
(4) One of the three reasons Corallo gives for suddenly quitting as Trump’s legal spokesman is that he’s discovered HE IS BEING LIED TO.
(5) Here’s the POLITICO piece revealing Corallo resigned in substantial part because he found he was being lied to.
(6) JULY 31: 11 days after Corallo resigns, WP drops a bombshell: Trump himself wrote Don’s statement about June 9.
(7) AUGUST 1: CNN notes that Trump’s claim he didn’t know of the meeting now don’t fit the timeline as we know it. The 5 key questions on Trump’s role in his son’s statement on the Russia meeting
(8) If Trump knew *nothing* of the meeting, he shouldn’t have had the details of the meeting he had on Air Force One when the story broke.
(9) We know from contemporaneous reporting Trump was at Trump Tower on June 9 working through anti-Hillary intel with Manafort and Kushner.
(10) Trump was, specifically, working on June 9 on his upcoming big speech about Clinton, which he promised would have a lot of dirt on her.
(11) He says the men he was working on a topic with went to a meet ON THAT TOPIC, IN HIS BUILDING, WHILE HE WAS THERE, and never told him.
(13) Given what Trump was working on then (HRC dirt) and what Don was told the meet was about (HRC dirt), Trump had to know it was going on.
(14) He could’ve attended in person, via speakphone, via intermediaries coming to and from the meeting. Or simply been told of it that day.
(16) Certainly, Corallo’s July 11 claim Trump knew nothing of the June 9 meeting was his biggest and most public statement as Trump’s spox.
(17) On July 11, Corallo was okay making his biggest-ever statement for Trump. By July 20, he’d found he was being lied to on something key.
(18) What the media now suspects Trump lied about is the very statement Corallo made on Trump’s behalf on July 11. So a connection emerges.
(20) Corallo’s resignation—and the reason for it—thus becomes one of the great questions of interest in the United States (and world) today.
(PS) And Trump in a June 7 speech promised America exactly the sort of HRC dirt his son had just confirmed he was expecting to get June 9th.
(PS2) We already know Trump lied about *both* the June 9 meeting and what he knew of it. It’s now only a question of the *size* of his lie.
(PS3) & new claims Trump helped orchestrate the Rich story underscore there may be no limit to the size of his lies when it comes to Russia.
(PS4) And don’t forget that Trump sent out a tweet *immediately* after the infamous June 9th meeting that appeared connected to its content.
“Kushner said this meeting involved Kislyak and Michael Flynn, who would later become Trump’s national security adviser, and lasted between 20 minutes and a half-hour.
In his statement, Kushner denied media reports that said he discussed with Kislyak a secret back-channel for communications.
Instead, Kushner said, Kislyak asked him if there was a secure line for him to convey to Trump administration officials information about Syria that he said was coming from his “generals.”
Kushner said that given the importance of Syria and the “ongoing humanitarian crisis,” he asked if there was an existing communications channel at the Russian Embassy that Kislyak felt comfortable using to relay information to Flynn.
“The Ambassador said that would not be possible and so we all agreed that we would receive this information after the Inauguration,” Kushner said. “Nothing else occurred. I did not suggest a ‘secret back channel.’”
Flynn was forced to resign in February after White House officials said he had misled them about whether he had discussed sanctions with Kislyak in a phone call.” PBS News Hour
Natalia Veselnitskaya, who appeared in the June 9 Trump Tower meeting, tried to recruit one of Switzerland’s top investigators in December 2016, “set up by Russian Deputy Attorney General Saak Albertovich Karapetyan—from the same rogue department that was apparently responsible for offering intel on Hillary Clinton to be shared at the Trump Tower meeting and the Kremlin’s further plots to influence U.S. politics.” The Daily Beast
“Kushner said he attended a meeting in New York with a Russian banker, Sergey Gorkov, after being asked to do so by Kislyak.
He said Gorkov introduced himself and provided him with two gifts: a bag of dirt from a village in Belarus where Kushner’s grandparents were from and a piece of art from the same location. He said Gorkov discussed his bank and the Russian economy and described himself as friendly with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
But Kushner insisted that the meeting had nothing to do with his work as a businessman. He said the men did not discuss sanctions against Russia or anything about “my companies, business transactions, real estate projects, loans, banking arrangements or any private business of any kind.”
“I did not know or have any contact with Mr. Gorkov before that meeting, and I have had no reason to connect with him since,” Kushner said.” PBS News Hour
Late December 2016, NYC-Kushner, Flynn, Bannon, Abu Dhabi’s Zayed planning January 11.
“The Seychelles meeting came after separate private discussions in New York involving high-ranking representatives of Trump with both Moscow and the Emirates.
The White House has acknowledged that Michael T. Flynn, Trump’s original national security adviser, and Trump adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner met with the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey Kislyak, in late November or early December in New York.
In an unusual breach of protocol, the UAE did not notify the Obama administration in advance of the visit, though officials found out because Zayed’s name appeared on a flight manifest.
Officials said Zayed and his brother, the UAE’s national security adviser, coordinated the Seychelles meeting with Russian government officials with the goal of establishing an unofficial back channel between Trump and Putin.”
“Erik Prince, founder of private military company Blackwater, and sister to unsharpened pencil Betsy DeVos, met several times with top Donald Trump aides before and after the election, Bloomberg reports. Prince advised the transition team on anti-terrorism policy, intelligence agency restructuring, and staff appointments. In his own words, Prince’s advisory role was unofficial but “significant.”
Earlier in April, Prince made headlines for arranging a secret January meeting (January 11, 2017 with Sergey Kislyak) with a senior Kremlin official in the Seychelles islands, an alleged attempt to establish a private backchannel for U.S.-Russian diplomacy. Prince, who donated $250,000 post-national convention to Trump’s presidential campaign, the national party, and a pro-Trump super PAC, told Washington Post that the meeting, which is being investigated by the FBI as part of a probe into Russian election interference, “had nothing to do with President Trump.”
Sources said Prince’s main point of contact with the Trump camp was former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who was dismissed for illegally discussing sanctions with Russia before inauguration. Prince also reportedly spent a train ride in November critiquing the intelligence community with Kellyanne Conway and current National Security Council member Kevin Harrington. Sure sounds like someone who played some role in the transition, if not directly served it as a shadow diplomat.” DeathandTaxesMag.com
“The United Arab Emirates arranged a secret meeting in January between Blackwater founder Erik Prince and a Russian close to President Vladimir Putin as part of an apparent effort to establish a back-channel line of communication between Moscow and President-elect Donald Trump, according to U.S., European and Arab officials.” Washington Post
January 18, 2017: Devin Nunes attended a breakfast with Michael Flynn and Turkey’s foreign minister just before the inauguration
The Peace Plan, Loews Hotel, NYC Late January 2017
“It was late January when the three men associated with the proposed plan converged on the Loews Regency, a luxury hotel on Park Avenue in Manhattan where business deals are made in a lobby furnished with leather couches, over martinis at the restaurant bar and in private conference rooms on upper floors…. Mr. Flynn is gone, having been caught lying about his own discussion of sanctions with the Russian ambassador. But the proposal, a peace plan for Ukraine and Russia, remains, along with those pushing it: Michael D. Cohen, the president’s personal lawyer, who delivered the document; Felix H. Sater, a business associate who helped Mr. Trump scout deals in Russia; and a Ukrainian lawmaker trying to rise in a political opposition movement shaped in part by Mr. Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort….But the proposal contains more than just a peace plan. Andrii V. Artemenko, the Ukrainian lawmaker, who sees himself as a Trump-style leader of a future Ukraine, claims to have evidence — “names of companies, wire transfers” — showing corruption by the Ukrainian president, Petro O. Poroshenko, that could help oust him. And Mr. Artemenko said he had received encouragement for his plans from top aides to Mr. Putin.” NY Times
Alex Oronov, a Ukrainian billionaire businessman who was connected by marriage to Michael Cohen, Trump’s longtime lawyer and associate, died unexpectedly on March 2, 2017. Oronov’s daughter was married to Cohen’s brother. Oronov reportedly set up a January 2017 meeting between Cohen and Russian officials to discuss a possible “peace plan” between Russia and Ukraine that would have formalized Putin’s control over Crimea. The New York Times reported that Michael Cohen hand delivered this peace proposal to Michael Flynn one week prior to his forced resignation.