- The Christopher Steele Dossier
- Conspiracy – The Meetings
- Money Laundering
- The Investigators
- The Investigated & Connected ·Trump Transition Team ·Trump Campaign ·Trump Donors
- The Russians
- Hacking ·Voter Fraud
- Fake News and Propaganda ·The Alt-Right ·Right Wing Rumors
- The Cover-up and Case for Obstruction of Justice · Emoluments · Impeachment
- Diversion and Counter-Attacks
- Russiagate Deathwatch
- Trump Organization
- Trump Properties
- Trump Tenants
- Mafia Ties
- The Timeline
Must-Read: Disseminated on January 6, 2017, “Background to “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections”: The Analytic Process and Cyber Incident Attribution“
If you have never watched Rep. Adam Schiff‘s opening statement on March, 20, 2017, it is a good place to start.
Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s office has been extremely careful not to divulge information which might influence the ongoing investigation. We only know the entities subpoenaed and items requested. Through published journalism, international indictments and official documents, and the document dumps of The Panama Papers and The Paradise Papers, individuals and professional journalists, attorneys, cyber-security and data analysts, and former Intelligence specialists have been very busy following trails and assisting the investigation. One could assume that Mueller’s team and US Intelligence agencies are aware of the things people discover on their own. The multi-faceted investigation in summation:
- The Plan: The FSB (Former KGB) and RISS, the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies think tank devised a plan to weaken our democracy and manipulate a right-wing government into power as it has done in Ukraine, Turkey, maybe Poland via kompromat (June 2015), influenced Brexit and attempted to throw the French election towards LePen with a hacked and altered email dump. Russia needs sanctions dropped in order to complete the largest business deal ever, between Rosneft and ExxonMobil. Exxon’s lifelong CEO/employee Rex Tillerson, is now the US Secretary of State and whose appointment contract only agrees to refrain from conducting business on Exxon’s behalf through January 2018. February 18, 2018, Tillerson met with Turkey’s Erdogan without an interpreter, breaking tradition. The House passed the Sanctions bill, but Trump has not signed it and the office which enforces sanctions has been closed.
- Conspiracy: The secret meetings and identifying the players who arranged, participated, and had knowledge of the Russian plan to influence the US election.
- The Money Trail: Money laundering of Russian oligarchs through the Trump Organization and associates including Paul Manafort, Felix Sater of Bayrock. Russian campaign financing of key Republicans made possible by Citizens United, and also via the NRA (National Rifle Association).Â The most powerful Russian mobster is Semion Mogilevich. His lieutenant was Felix Sater’s father, who established the Russian mob in Brighton Beach. Felix Sater was busted for a pump and dump scheme during an historic unification of the Five Families of NYC and the Russian mob. Trump’s mentor was NY mafia consigliere Roy Cohn, and Trump Tower was built using mob concrete with the mob labor union looking the other way while Trump hired Polish immigrants to do the demolition prep. Many Italian Mafia and Russian criminals have been Trump property owners and tenants. Trump has a long history of business ties to people from former Soviet states. Sater went to Russia and became an FBI informant. When he returned to the US, Felix Sater formed Bayrock with the FL Group. One of his primary funding partners has been Bayrock, which built Trump Soho and many other Trump-branded properties, Bayrock is under investigation in the Netherlands for money laundering and tax evasion. Deutsche Bank: Several members of the Trump and Kushner families hold accounts at DB. Mueller has requested information. The Bank of Cyprus is connected to many questionable transactions, and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross led it through the financial crisis. FINCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) investigation for money laundering. In March, 2015, Trump Taj Mahal settled for a civil money penalty of $10,000,000 for having “willfully violated the program, reporting, and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and its implementing regulations”. Skip to the Financial Crimes Page with links to the Panama and Paradise Papers
- The Data Trail: The DNC Hack, Hacking of Voter roll information and if/how data obtained by Russia was then transferred to the US via Betsy DeVos‘s Spectrum Health and Russian Alfa Bank through a Trump server; Trump subdomains; Trump, Kushner and Ivanka’s private email servers; GOP MegaDonors Robert and Rebekah Mercer-owned and Bannon-directed Cambridge Analytica/SCL, and Parscale’s “Project Alamo”, which optimized the advertising and memes under Jared Kushner. Officially no one has said that Russia changed actual votes (as pro-Trump media has falsely stated). The existence of malware and other direct Russian activity in our voting system and machines is also being investigated. Although Trump was calling elections “rigged” for years, he closed the agency responsible for protection elections and the voting process. Instead, Trump nominated Kris Kobach to lead an organization requesting an illegal amount of voter data from States, including voting history.
- Psychops and Active Measures, The Information and Psychological Cyber War on Social and Right Wing Media: Hacking and release of emails and information through Wikileaks and DC Leaks dumps of DNC / Clinton hacked emails. Having returned from Russia himself, now-guilty cooperating witness Michael Flynn spread Pizzagate conspiracies from Podesta emails to weaken Clinton. Alt-Right Meme Warriors on Reddit and Gab funded by American tech billionaire Peter Thiel (who has since left liberal silicon valley) with now-fired from Breitbart and disgraced hate speech provacateur Milo Yiannopoulos as the conduit; Russian Bots and Trolls employed by the Internet Research Agency posing as American Trump supporters and protestors; and the US social (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc) & traditional media and Trump Campaign which furthered Russian-generated propaganda. The Hamilton 68 dashboard tracks Russian bots real-time. Russians have invested in these companies.
- In a move of fraudulent informational self-dealing, these Fake News stories sometimes use Breitbart backer’s Robert and Rebekah Mercer & Peter “Clinton Cash” Schweizer’s unaccounted for “Governmental Accountability Institute” as source “factual” material to back its fake news claims.
- The Cover Up, Diversion, Obstruction of Justice and Impeachment.
- Emoluments violations: New and Ongoing enrichment of the Administration since the Inauguration.
- Other Trump lawsuits, including Michael Cohen‘s payoff to a Playmate and Porn Star for silence before the election (and Trump’s friend from American Media who bought story rights for the purposes of silencing it).
- Trump suggested a joint US-Russia cyber security task force at the G20 Summit which would entail sharing our system with them so they could hack us even more. At the end of January 2018, the heads of the FSB and RISS had a meeting with CIA Dir. Pompeo and DNI Dan Coats, despite one of them being on the sanctioned list and prohibited from entering the US.
- Trump’s business sought deal on a Trump Tower in Moscow while he ran for president Trump’s business sought deal on a Moscow Trump Tower during campaign While campaigning during the 2016 election, President Trump’s company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal. The Washington Post August 27, 2017 “While Donald Trump was running for president in late 2015 and early 2016, his company was pursuing a plan to develop a massive Trump Tower in Moscow, according to several people familiar with the proposal and new records reviewed by Trump Organization lawyers. Trump never went to Moscow as Sater And although investors and Trump’s company signed a letter of intent, they lacked the land and permits to proceed and the project was abandoned at the end of January 2016, just before the presidential primaries began, several people familiar with the proposal said…The new details from the emails, which are scheduled to be turned over to congressional investigators soon, also point to the likelihood of additional contacts between Russia-connected individuals and Trump associates during his presidential bid…Discussions about the Moscow project began in earnest in September 2015, according to people briefed on the deal. An unidentified investor planned to build the project and, under a licensing agreement, put Trump’s name on it. Cohen acted as a lead negotiator for the Trump Organization.” Washington Post
Rachel Maddow Show GOP Operative Peter Smith created scandals for Bill Clinton similarly to how Flynn has for Hillary. He tried to obtain the 33,000 Clinton emails on behalf of Flynn.
“In one case, investigators found there had been a manipulation of voter data in a county database but the alterations were discovered and rectified, two sources familiar with the matter tell TIME. Investigators have not identified whether the hackers in that case were Russian agents.
The fact that private data was stolen from states is separately providing investigators a previously unreported line of inquiry in the probes into Russian attempts to influence the election. In Illinois, more than 90% of the nearly 90,000 records stolen by Russian state actors contained drivers license numbers, and a quarter contained the last four digits of voters’ Social Security numbers, according to Ken Menzel, the General Counsel of the State Board of Elections.
Congressional investigators are probing whether any of this stolen private information made its way to the Trump campaign, two sources familiar with the investigations tell TIME. “If any campaign, Trump or otherwise, used inappropriate data the questions are, How did they get it? From whom? And with what level of knowledge?” the former top Democratic staffer on the House Intelligence Committee, Michael Bahar, tells TIME. “That is a crux of the investigation.” Time June 22, 2017 Massimo Calabresi
Who is investigating?
The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and House Intelligence Committees, and the Department of Defense are investigating the Russian interference in the 2016 Election. “Keith Olbermann – nonetheless confirmed last night, Tuesday, May 9th, that subpoenas were issued from the Eastern District of Virginia against associates of General Flynn.” Patribotics
The US Treasury Department Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) which tracks money laundering worldwide and is sharing information with the investigation. The FinCEN is under Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin.
US Justice Preet Bharara was fired in January, after being personally assured by Trump in November after the election that he would not. Bharara was investigating Trump’s money laundering connections from Russians through his real estate. His jurisdiction was the headquarters of Trump and therefore the court for multiple lawsuits and ALSO presided over the Money Laundering Division in the Southern District of New York. Two days before going to trial, Jeff Sessions dropped the case.
The Inspector General at the Defense Department is investigating Michael Flynn, the announcement of which was followed by Jeff Sessions recusing himself from that investigation. The Inspector General at Jeff Sessions’ Justice Department started by investigating Clinton’s emails but has not stated if Sessions has recused himself from the Paul Manafort investigation.
“New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman as well as Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. also have been examining real-estate transactions by Mr. [Paul] Manafort, who has spent and borrowed tens of millions of dollars in connection with property across the U.S. over the past decade” WSJ
“A member of the Federal Election Commission is calling on the agency to investigate whether Russian agents paid for Facebook ads to spread damaging stories about Hillary Clinton ahead of last fall’s presidential election. “I think there is potential there for finding a violation, but I don’t want to suggest that I have prejudged anything that could potentially come before me,” said FEC Commissioner Ellen Weintraub, a Democratic appointee to the commission. Her assertion comes as agency staff is already moving to investigate a related complaint filed in December by a pair of watchdog groups against President Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government.” Politico There are more. 17 US Intelligence agencies and the Netherlands.
“John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director, described on Tuesday a nerve-fraying few months last year as American authorities realized that the presidential election was under attack and feared that Donald J. Trump’s campaign might be aiding that fight. Mr. Brennan, in testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, said he was concerned by a series of suspicious contacts between Russian government officials and Mr. Trump’s associates. The C.I.A. learned about those meetings just as it was beginning to grapple with Russian hackers and propagandists trying to manipulate the presidential race.” May 23, 2017 NY Times
June 2, 2017 Trump Reviewing Whether to Block Comey Testimony to Senate “Independent analysts have said they don’t believe Comey, now a private citizen, can be stopped if he is intent on telling his story.” Bloomberg
May 26, 2017: NSA CHIEF Admiral Mike Rogers Admits Donald Trump Colluded with Russian “According to multiple reports, the president approached top intelligence bosses to coax them into joining Trump’s personal war with Comey. In particular, Trump is reported to have asked Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence (DNI), and Admiral Mike Rogers, director of the National Security Agency, to go public in denying that Team Trump had any ties to Russia during the 2016 election campaign. Admiral Rogers anecdotally flatly denied Trump’s request, which—if true—was inappropriate, unethical and dubiously legal, while Coats, a Trump appointee who’s only been in the DNI job since mid-March, likewise refused to back the president against the FBI. This was a stunning setback for Trump, who seems to view our nation’s top security officials as his personal employees who ought to follow his presidential whim rather than the law and the Constitution, which all of them take an oath to defend.” Observer Exclusive
Following are different resources of compiled information written as evidence has been revealed: Salon, 4/9/17
PutinTrump.org: Mother Jones’ even deeper dive
THE CHRISTOPHER STEELE DOSSIER The current investigation became widely known upon release of the 35-page memo which was authored by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele of Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd. “was hired between June and November last year by Fusion GPS, a Washington-based research consultancy to look into Trump’s links with Russia.” Read the original “Golden Showers” intelligence report here courtesy Buzzfeed, released a month later. A second Steele memo was drafted December 13, 2016, including intelligence which had continued to come in unsolicited after the November election. Court docs embedded in The Guardian Buzzfeed
The Christopher Steele/Orbis memos reference Source A, Russian Foreign Ministry who had been feeding Trump intelligence on opponents including Clinton for several years, confirmed by Source D. Source B, an active top-level Russian intelligence officer “who asserted that the TRUMP operation was both supported and directed by Russian President Vladimir Putin. Its aim was to sow discord and disunity both within the US itself, but more especially within the Transatlantic alliance which was viewed as inimical to Russia’s interests. ” In June 2016, Source B asserted there was enough “embarrassing material on the now Republican presidential candidate to be able to blackmail him if they so wished.” Source B confirmed a dossier of “kompromat” on Hillary Clinton but it was mainly recorded phone calls “and focused on things she had said which contradicted er current position on various issues.”.”Source C, a Senior Russian Financial Official said the TRUMP operation should be seen in terms of PUTIN’s desire to return to Nineteenth Century ‘Great Power’ politics anchored in countries’ interests rather than the ideals-based international order established after World War Two.” “Source D, a close associate of Trump who had organized and managed his recent trips to Moscow, and who reported, also in June 2016, that this Russian intelligence had been “very helpful.” Source E (most likely hotel staff) confirmed the Moscow Ritz-Carlton Presidential Suite “Golden Showers” prostitute party in 2013 and introduced Source F, a female hotel staffer who worked there at the time. “Source G, a senior Kremlin official, confided that the CLINTON dossier was controlled exclusively by chief Kremlin spokesman, Dmitriy PESKOV, who was responsible for compiling/handling it on the explicit instructions of PUTIN himself.”
One of the main tactics used by the Kremlin to control politicians is through “Kompromat”: compromising material and dossiers kept on individuals under the control of Dmitriy Peskov and/or Department K of the FSB. Steele
Putin controlled a think tank to sway the US Elections, and the knowledge thereof started the FBI Investigations called the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies or RISS [en.riss.ru/] “Neither of the Russian institute documents mentioned the release of hacked Democratic Party emails to interfere with the U.S. election, according to four of the officials. The officials said the hacking was a covert intelligence operation run separately out of the Kremlin. The overt propaganda and covert hacking efforts reinforced each other, according to the officials. Both Russia Today and Sputnik heavily promoted the release of the hacked Democratic Party emails, which often contained embarrassing details.” Reuters Exclusive
Congressman Eric Swalwell (CA-15) has an excellent introduction to the initial 15 men involved in the scandal and the history of known Russian global cyber attacks